Thursday, April 7, 2016

Liposuction Story

I am writing to document my journey into the unknown. I am having liposuction. That's right. I am going to have my fat sucked out of me. There are a lot of questions that come up with this subject.

So first: why?
Well because I want to. But a better answer is this: there are just some places that never go away. I am fairly thin. I am 5'4". I weigh between 130 and 135 and I have a medium build. I am 31 years old. When I was in high school I weighed between 120 and 135. No matter how good of shape I was in I always had a gut. Fast forward a few years and I put on a lot of weight. 195 was my weight to be exact. I decided two things at this point. One: since I was married I decided to have a child. Two: I decided I needed to loose weight. Well of course I got pregnant right away. I lost weight during my pregnancy. But then I retained a lot of water my last month and I put on a lot of weight and that gut I had got all messed up. It was then stretched out and misshapen and still fatty. So a year after having my son I was still overweight. I was about 185 and not having any luck loosing weight. I went to my doctor for help. She prescribed me Phentermine. It worked. I have maintained my weight between 130-140 for 6 years. I know I can maintain my weight for life. I refuse to buy bigger clothes. I refuse to ever be heavy again. So since I am the size I want to be I want my body to be proportioned.  That gut I had in high school is now worse. I also have deposited weight the whole way around giving me the spare tire look. And as the cherry on top of this sloppy Sunday the inside of my legs are getting chubby. I hate getting older. So that is why I am having lipo.

What:
To be exact I am having lipo on my entire abdomen the whole way around. I am also having lipo on the inside of my thighs.

When:
May 9th, 2016 at 9:00 am.

Who: (I know these questions are a bit out of order but hang with me for a sec)
Dr. Ross. He was the first doctor in Minnesota to offer lipo. He lepromisesic Femina in Minneapolis. I chose him for two reasons. He has 30 years of experience. He also has fair prices. As the kicker he is honest and up front about possible results, cost, everything. I feel like I can trust him. I am a great judge of character and he's a great character.

As a side note he is not the first doctor I have spoken with. I first went to Sono Bello. I liked that I don't have to be put under, but I don't know I'd get through it well awake. Also the cost for just abdomen was like 8 grand. Ouch. I checked out Cool Sculpting. I figured no needles, no surgery, no promises less cost. NO! About 10 hours in separate treatments will remove up to 20% of the fat at best altogether, but no guarantee. $9,600. And only the front of my stomach. No love handles, no inner legs. I actually laughed at them. How do they dupe people into that??
The cost of my entire surgery which removes up to 90% of fat is $4,070. I can afford that. Dr. Ross is the first person not trying to rip me off. And I am being put under which is good because I get squeamish.

So I think I answered most questions.
32 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment