Monday, April 11, 2016

Research

Hi all,
     So to curb my mind of having to wait for surgery I have been doing a lot of research. I want to know everything I can to optimize my recovery and results. Notice I have recovery first. Yes this is a cosmetic surgery. Yes I am doing this for looks.  But taking care of my health is most important. A few subjects I have researched  include:
Recovery ideas
   How to optimize recovery time
Personal massage
   Anti edema massage
   Personal vs. Professional massage
Compression garments
   How long should I wear it? (I am opting to wear it longer)
   Can I wear something else?
   I only get one set. How am I gonna wash it?
   I am considering wearing full spanks while showering so I can hand wash and dry my garment
   Are they comfy?
   What use do they serve?
Recovery time
   I have surgery on Monday. I am supposed to work Wednesday and Thursday that week for 12 hour shifts on my feet.  I am thinking that's not going to happen.
Diet before and after
   I am a vegetarian
   This requires extra protein
   I am looking into powders and veggies that have lots of protein
   Low sodium and avoiding processed foods is a must
   I do not drink alcohol, smoke or do drugs or drink caffeine or pop so that is good.  Those things are bad.
Supplements before and after
   Arnica
   Essential oils?
What to do
   Elevate feet
   Walk a lot
What not to do
    Don't become a lazy log during recovery
    Don't excersize too much
    Don't touch incision
   Don't clean incision with peroxide etc.
Lipo vs. Tummy tuck
   I used to weigh more (read first blog passage)
    I had a BIG bouncing baby boy
   My stretch marks have stretch marks
   What can I live with
   What are my options?
   Do I really want a big house scar around my midsection? (No, I don't)
Loose skin
   How bad will it be
   What can I do to minimize it
Pain
   I'm not so worried about pain, I'm worried about being able to function with it
   I cannot take narcotics. What will work to help curb it?
Excersize
  Walking is good
   Body building not so much, at least not for a couple weeks
Possible results
   I expect to deflate my spare tire
   I plan to work on toning up afterward
   I expect to have loose skin
   I expect to have a few pounds removed, not a whole bunch because I am realistic
Lots of before and afters
   I love the pics they use to advertise. These ladies look like they have never weighed an extra ounce and have never even seen a stretch mark.
   Therefore I look at lots of result pictures.
   I don't like setting myself up for disappointments. I don't expect to look like a Victoria's secret model. I just don't want to look like a pear. If that means wearing a full swim suit from now on, but looking good in it that's fine. I had a kid. Stretch marks are not removable.
How much fat is removed?
   2.2 lbs per 1000 cc of fat, a max of 5000 cc. Per procedure (I know it won't be that much) I read a question someone asked about being a 5'4" woman weighing 250 lbs and is it a weight loss option. No. When I was heavier I never considered it. I knew I had to loose all I could before doing lipo.

I guess I have more questions. At first I didn't know what to ask. I think asking as much as possible will make me more prepared. If you are considering lipo do research. Be realistic.

As a side note I looked up other non invasive options and plastic surgeons all say the same. Nothing non invasive will give you results like this.
That's all for now!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment